Sunday, September 23, 2012

Howdy from Texas!

Howdy y'all! I am so excited to get my blog up and running. I LOVE to share my ideas with fellow teachers and have been wanting to start a blog ever since I saw all these awesome blogs on Pinterest. I don't know about you, but Pinterest inspires me to do many things, and this was a big one. So here goes nothin'!

I am currently a 5th grade math teacher in the great state of Texas. I am in my 15th year of teaching, and I am constantly amazed as to how much has changed since I started teaching. Anybody else feel that way?

One thing I am loving about this year is the fact that my school is a NEU campus, which means No Excuses University. We are one of only 200 schools in the country that is a NEU campus, so it's a pretty big deal. Every classroom adopts a college or university, and since I'm a graduate of Texas A&M University, I just HAD to have it! I have Texas A&M flags and decorations throughout my classroom and have taught my students the yells and the Aggie War Hymn. I am having a blast teaching my students to "Gig 'em". Hopefully I am developing some future Aggies! Here is a picture of my Aggie corner in my classroom.


Many people have told me throughout the years that I should write a book because of all the ideas I have. Now I don't know about writing a book, but I sure could write a blog. Since I have taught grades 2-6, I have a lot of experience under my belt, and I absolutely love to create new things to use in my classroom. I want to use this blog to offer some ideas you can actually use in your classroom because I don't know about you, but I hate going to inservice meetings that give me NO actual ideas I can use in my classroom. Hopefully, we can inspire each other in the process. As my good friend often says, "Sharing is caring."

For the first freebie, I'd like to give you a checklist that I use in my classroom daily. I'm one of those people that really likes to be be organized and like to have all my ducks in a row. I use this checklist for behavior, grades, marking off who brought forms back, etc. Maybe you have some ideas for it that you would like to share. I'd love to hear them! Click on the link to grab it from my TPT store. I hope you find it useful. Please let me know if you do and also if you have other ideas for it as well.


The Anything Classroom Checklist

No comments:

Post a Comment