Sunday, September 22, 2013

Karaoke in the classroom?

What?  Karaoke in the classroom?  You might be saying, "I don't have a karaoke machine."  Just wait, my friends, just wait.

I have been trying to find different ways to teach English to my visually impaired students.  It needs to have music or rhythm to keep them entertained...and for me not to fall asleep in the boring textbook lessons.

Look what I found on YouTube today?! A whole channel on karaoke songs!  I'm so excited I just can't hide it!  There are songs from Lady Gaga to Neil Diamond to Kenny Rogers to The Beatles.

I cannot contain my excitement, and I just had to share it with you.  You all know that I will find any excuse to sing in the classroom.  Here is a great reason!

Here is the channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYi9TC1HC_U2kaRAK6I4FSQ

And here are a couple of my favorites:



I'm sure you could even use it to build up your students' reading speeds.  How else can you think of using karaoke in the classroom?

Happy singing!


No comments:

Post a Comment